Job Title - Underwriting and Modelling Assistant - Lloyd’s Syndicate Market
Job Market - Insurance / Actuarial
Job Location - London
Underwriting and Modelling Assistant - About the role
The Underwriter and Model Build Assistant is required to provide analytical and underwriting support for model development, both for the casualty book and capital model.
The role crosses over between Capital Modelling & Casualty Underwriting and you will become a key member of the Syndicate’s Underwriting team.
Whilst the focus of the role will be on the modelling side the successful applicant will be fully engaged within the team and learning from some of the most respected underwriters at Lloyd’s.
Underwriting and Modelling Assistant - Key duties
Casualty data analysis and support
Responsible for assisting with the provision of:
- Extracting client data from broker systems
- Analysing client data using database reporting and bespoke analytical tools
- Development and maintenance of casualty underwriting rating models
- Contract data entry and file maintenance
- Liaise externally with the broking community
- To provide cover for the property treaty underwriters at the Box in Lloyd’s as required, to carry out day to day administration in support of the underwriters
Model Build Reporting
- Updating, running, and developing the syndicate’s capital model
- Capital reports and submission
- Development of liability exposure management reporting
- Liaise externally with regulators
- Ad hoc project work as required
Underwriting and Modelling Assistant - Key requirements
Basic understanding of the Lloyd’s insurance market would be an advantage.
Previous experience of working in an office environment would be an advantage.
Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel.
The intention to study for the ACII qualification.
Self-starter - able to display initiative and work with a degree of autonomy
Good interpersonal skills - friendly and approachable with the ability to deal with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels in a professional and diplomatic manner
Should be able to display well-developed communication skills both written and oral with the ability to build effective working relationships with all levels of staff