Financial Crime / Due Diligence / Compliance Officer
Job Market - Compliance / KYC
Financial Crime / Due Diligence / Compliance Officer - About the role
Financial Crime Compliance Officer reports to the Head of Financial Crime and provides additional dedicated Financial Crime resource within the Compliance team.
Financial Crime / Due Diligence / Compliance Officer - Core duties
- Assisting with the day-to-day financial crime prevention effort, including but not limited to - AML, CTF, KYC, ABAC, Sanctions and Fraud.
- Providing Financial Crime guidance and support to the front office.
- Delivering on items on the Financial Crime implementation plan and roadmap.
- Conducting Financial Crime quality assurance and monitoring programs.
- Conducting high risk client reviews, and EDD investigations.
- Assisting the Head of Financial Crime in completion of Financial Crime management information and ad-hoc reports.
- Assisting with Financial Crime investigations and escalations.
- Liaising with on-boarding and providing support and guidance when required.
- Assisting with extracting and interrogating data to complete annual Financial Crime reviews.
- Working closely with the documentation team to address issues and concerns and provide advice and guidance when required.
- Assisting with the implementation and development of Financial Crime and Compliance training needs analysis.
- Reporting and escalating non-compliance with applicable policies, i.e. to the Head of Financial Crime and Head of Compliance & MLRO as appropriate.
- Working alongside the Compliance Team to ensure on-going development and maintenance of an effective Compliance function, taking an active part in team meetings, and participating in business planning.
Financial Crime / Due Diligence / Compliance Officer - Key requirements
- Good working knowledge of Financial Crime regulation and legislation.
- Good working knowledge of FCA regulation and industry guidance.
- Ability to read and assess applicability of relevant regulation and legislation
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to extract and interrogate data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent report writing and other communication skills
- Educated to degree level, with at least a year of dedicated Financial Crime Compliance experience.