Position: New Business Broker / Business Development Producer - Professional Indemnity
Location: London / Home
Salary/Package: Very Competitive Basic, Bonus and Benefits Package
• Develop and build a new business professional indemnity insurance clients working on leads generated by a large telesales team and marketing departments.
• Administration of clients’ insurance requirements on a including general enquiries, obtaining quotations, closing sales, invoicing of premiums, cross-sales.
• Provision of high level professional advice to clients.
The role will be a mixture of office based and working from home but will require travel for client visits, off-site training and other meetings as and when required
• Develop relationships with and execute insurance sales with new clients
• Assist in achieving Group/Division new business targets by providing an excellent level of service
• Undertake market exercise to establish most competitive terms available
• Obtain new business terms and present to client. Producing and issuing professional summaries and reports, where appropriate
• Issue documentation in line with contract certainty
• Prioritise and handle all work promptly and accurately
• Handle all queries, whether written or by telephone, in a professional manner and process effectively in line with service standards
• To be aware of, and to follow at all times, the firm’s policy on Treating Customers Fairly
• Record all relevant information, correspondence and documentation on broking systems and make effective use of the diary system
• Produce accurate and professional documentation at all times
• Process adjustments in line with procedures, including notification to insurers, issue of revised documentation, and collection of additional premium
• Actively cross-sell products from other Divisions
• Refer all queries that fall outside own experience, knowledge and authority to senior staff
• Develop junior staffs knowledge and work with other seniors within the Group to assist those staff members in achieving their targets and output
Good level of technical insurance skills, to be assessed by regular in-house testing.
Accuracy and attention to detail.
Ability to process work quickly and efficiently.
Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
Excellent client service skills.
Good negotiation and broking skills.
Excellent sales acumen
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to gather and analyse information from the client.
Ability to identify and respond appropriately to an individual client’s level of understanding.
Ability to persuade and influence others.
• Adhere to the principles set by the FCA.
• Adhere to group service standards and procedures, accepted good market practice, and the CII Code of Ethics, to ensure the best interest of the client at all times.
• To be aware of, and to follow at all times, the firm’s policy on Treating Customers Fairly. • Ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
• Ensure all records and communications with clients are accurately recorded and filed in the correct manner.
• Comply with the Bribery Act 2010, and other such applicable regulations in place from time to time.
• Ensure that you do not breach any applicable sanctions imposed, or deal with embargoed entities.
• Comply with relevant anti-money laundering regulations in place from time to time.